CBII Quality: How is full spectrum CBD extracted?
CBD has been around for thousands of years, but it’s recently experienced a second wave as we’ve rediscovered its benefits for quintessential health and wellness in the modern day.
But what is CBD or hemp and how does it differ from marijuana? Keep reading to learn more about this powerful (and 100% safe) natural ingredient.
What is full spectrum CBD?
Classified as a Novel Food by the European Food Safety Authority (EFSA), CBD is the latest buzz word in the health industry but what is it, really?
In short, CBD stands for cannabidiol [cah-nuhbih- dye-ohl], a compound that naturally occurs in the Cannabis sativa L. plant, otherwise known as hemp. CBD is found in larger amounts in the Cannabis sativa L. species and unlike THC, CBD is non-psychoactive so you can take it with ease.
How is full spectrum CBD extracted?
Our CBD is extracted from the aerial part of the Cannabis sativa L. plant, the part of the hemp plant that contains the richest source of CBD. This is then dissolved into a high-quality Medium Chain Triglycerides (MCT) oil for stability.
MCT oil is a particularly good choice as a carrier oil because of its ability to be absorbed by the body and metabolised very quickly, therefore speeding up the dispersion of CBD in the body. MCT oil is also colourless and contains little to no flavour, leaving the taste and colour of the final oil down to nature.
Our Swiss CBD producers Linnea SA extract our exclusive and awardwinning LINNEA315CSETM full spectrum extract using a trademarked clean, gentle and sustainable ethanol extraction method without damaging the plant’s natural compounds. Our extract is then bottled in the UK and any unused plant matter is recycled into renewable energy at their biogas facility in Switzerland.
Quality from plant to bottle: our product lifecycle
- Legally grown GMO-free hemp in the EU
- Trademarked clean, gentle and sustainable ethanol extraction
- Over 80% of the ethanol used in the process is recycled
- CBD is dissolved in MCT carrier oil for stability and faster absorption
- CBD is quality tested throughout the process
- Unused plant matter is recycled into renewable energy at our Swiss biogas facility
- 2,500,000 kW of clean energy is produced
- Enough to power 250 local households
- Plant waste is used as organic fertiliser for local farms
- The extract is independently tested with third party lab reports available for each product
- The final product is packaged in compostable plant fibres made from hemp
The result? The highest quality CBD oil that's consistent, trusted and reproducible across every batch.
Experience the benefits of CBD
- Easy, fruit tasting remedy that lasts longerSubscribe and Save£48.00 £64.00
- Pure high-strength CBD oil to help unwindSubscribe and Save£29.25 £39.00
- Award-winning medium strength CBD oilSubscribe and Save£25.50 £34.00